Monday, March 2, 2009

Memory Verse of the Week!

I have really enjoyed learning the two verses so far. I know it may not seem like such a big deal to some of you, but for me to remember where I put my shoes right now is a big deal. So I am going to continue this each Monday. I feel that having a set time to reach the goal is really helping me. Hey, you know what that means? I am becoming more structured than I ever thought before! :) Actually, I am going back to the structure I do like in my quiet time. God is good. I want to go back to the Navigator's 2:7 series Matt and I took when we were first married. At that time, we had learned a ton of verses for this class. They were awesome tools to use in witnessing to others. So I feel I need to go back and relearn these verses. Since I have already learned them, albeit 18 years ago, I will work on two each week instead of just one.
So this week I will be working on verses that point to Christ as the Center.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

There you have it! I think this will help me to feel more prepared when sharing my faith with others. At least it is a start. Have a great week!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin