Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tackle of the Day!

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

Well, it is that special day again, when all things that need tackled jump to attention in hope to be picked. This week, I am going to tackle a job I do not enjoy....finding a swimsuit and shorts modest enough for my 11 year old for our Spring Break trip. Man, I do not enjoy the styles that are out there: way too tight tops, short shorts, spaghetti straps, strapless....need I go on? I don't really have a before picture. So I will have to just post what we found later. :)

Update: God is so good! We did find several things that will work. Not only did we find stuff for our vacation, but we also found stuff that will be great for the entire summer. God is so good! We also noticed a trend towards the 'swing tops' and looser fitting shirts. We saw a lot of precious sundresses that with the right tee under it will be great! So, I went a bit crazy since we found longer shorts, looser shirts, sweet dresses in her size! On top of that...everything was on sale! Woohoo! I recommend hitting Old Navy, Kohl's and Target right now if you like the prairie style skirts as well as the looser tops and Bermuda shorts. Well worth our shopping adventure. Here are a few things we found:

Outfit 1: cute peasant top with tiered skirt. (top:Kohl's, skirt: Old Navy)
(skirt is longer on my daughter, below knee)

Outfit 2: Plaid Bermuda shorts and cotton tee with cute trim.
(Old Navy shorts, Target shirt)


She also could wear this brown top from Target with these shorts:

Outfit 3: cute sun dress (with cami or tee under it!) and a little sweater

(both from Kohl's)




There were a few more, but I think you get the idea. It is fun to see her excited to try things on because normally we both leave the stores frustrated and sad. This time we felt good about the things we bought and knew we had kept our goal of being modest first and frugal as well.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin