Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Blog Party Question of the Day!!!

How many children do you have?
and
What do you love most about being a mom?


Those are fun questions to consider and easy to answer again. I have two children in my home, both daughters: "Doodle" age 11 and "Bean" age 8. Then, I also have twin girls, who live in Romania, which call me mom: V & G, age 20!

What I love most about being a mom is the gift of motherhood itself. I guess in biblical terms, I would be considered the "barren woman". Doesn't that sound pitiful! ha! God created me in such a way that I have never been able to be blessed with a pregnancy. I am, however, a woman blessed by other women who loved their babies enough to choose life and find a good home for them. Praise God! So, I became a mommy when I never should have had that chance.

I try to take in all the fun stuff the girls bring into my life and truly that is a blessing. However, being a mom, I have learned that some of the best times are in the storms, or right after it rains per se. I adore the times we cuddle after a time out or consequence is given. I cherish those snuggles in bed when someone has had a nightmare or is feeling icky. (okay, must admit only when it is few and far between...I like my sleep) I hold close to my heart the talks we have about Jesus and people we love after going to funerals or visiting people in nursing homes. Those little moments that seem to just go by so quickly are the ones I think I would miss.

I so enjoy watching my oldest daughter dance in her praise dance team. It brings joy to my heart seeing her use her talents to honor God. I also love watching my younger daughter shine in her ability to care for others. Again using the talent God has given to bring Him glory. I think it is amazing that God placed these children in my home and trusted me to bring them "home". So as I sit here rambling like a crazed mommy, I guess truly the best thing about being a mom is finally understanding in a small way, just how much God loves us and is willing to move the mountains in our life or shelter us in the storms or hold us in the calm so we can always find our way back home. Being a mom, or parent, is a sacrificial kind of love that you can not explain until you have experienced it and God knew that would show us the same kind of sacrificial love he exhibited at the cross for us at a much lesser degree for most of us.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin