Friday, March 13, 2009

A Servant's Heart



It's Friday, which means it is time to share just how my husband rocks. KatyLin must be busy since she was not able to post a prompt. That is just fine. I love to share how/why my husband rocks and I don't need reminders. :)

Today, I want to focus on how much Matt does for us. Matt is a hard worker. He may have Friday's off, but that does not mean he stops working. The man never stops. He loves playing, I mean working, outside trimming trees, chopping wood, planting, pruning, even cutting down dead trees at the lake house. He also loves woodworking. He has created many beautiful things for our home over the 17 years of being married, including a gorgeous cradle we have used for both girls. Matt enjoys working hard and creating things with his hands. Why do I think that rocks? Because I know the heart behind why he is working. He works like crazy to give us the things he wants us to have. He knows things don't matter, but yet he enjoys giving us certain things. He will work a weekend so I can go scrapbook. Why? Because he loves to see me happy. He will not use his birthday money so the girls can have new Easter dresses. Why? Because he adores watching them beam. The man is a sacrificial giver. He works hard, plays hard and only occasionally do we see him.........
rest hard. :)
That's my sweetie looking just about too cute. Love this man! Now the trick is figuring out how to bless him in a way that brings him the same great joy as he gives us. Funny thing about Matt, he gets more joy in giving and seeing our excitement than he does in getting. I guess that is the key. However, I so enjoy surprising him and I totally understand why he does what he does. Seeing his eyes light up makes my heart just swell with joy. I'm so glad God gave me a husband who understands what it truly means to be a leader of this family. It is not all about us bowing down to him and treating him as a dictator. No, it is understanding what true service in Christ means. True service brings about great respect and willingness to submit to each other. It is so easy to serve him because I am so grateful for all he does for us. Speaking of which, I think I will go make the man some of his yummy coffee. (yummy for him...I personally prefer tea. :0) I am sure I can find other ways to serve him throughout the day that will bless him and let him know just how much I appreciate the way he leads this family. Should be fun!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin