Saturday, March 14, 2009

God's Little Dancer

How fitting this week for me to write about dancing on my dad's feet as a child. Doodle had her ballet recital last night at the church where she takes lessons. They have a Fine Arts School which has opened a dance studio. Very well done. What I appreciate most about this studio is the fact that most of the teacher's really get that this is not just about teaching the girls a few steps. This is a chance to teach these young girls who they are dancing for~God.

I can not tell you what a moving experience it is for me to watch Doodle dance. The girl has a gift in the fact that she dances with such reverence for her Jesus while she is moving. I love that the songs she dances to are songs that point to Jesus. Some of them are on my blog because when I hear the I see her dancing. I realize Doodle may never be a prima ballerina. I also realize these classes are getting more expensive in our budget and at some point something will have to give. However, to see my girl up there shining for Jesus....well that is just priceless. How do you teach that? I am grateful to her teacher, Miss Pearl, for sharing her passion for dance but most of all for passing on to these girls her passion for Jesus. Truly she is a gifted woman. I don't know how long Doodle will continue with dancing, but one thing I know, wherever she dances she will be dancing for her precious Lord. For that, it is worth every single penny we have spent. Thank you God, for giving her a chance to learn how to use her gifts to honor you!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin