Tuesday, November 20, 2012
As I prepare for Thanksgiving this year, I felt it appropriate to post my top 10 things I am thankful for...only to find out I had already done so a couple years ago. After reading my list, I realized, I haven't changed a thing. So here is a repost and an amen to my list from 2010. Enjoy!
I know I am a silly girl, but I think we should take time out to be thankful daily and not just one day a year. Regardless, at least we all take time to really think about just what blessings we have this time of year. So, today I am thrilled to be able to count my top 10 blessings in my life at this time.
I am thankful for~
10. Chocolate and chai tea....simple and yummy!
9. A home that is filled with laughter and love more than heartache and hurts. Not saying we never hurt each others feelings, but I am so thankful our family has more times of laughter than of tears.
8. Friends who love me and support me in all my endeavors. Not only supporting me, but pouring their lives into my girls hearts! I love that my girls have supports from all around them in all areas they are involved. Those women in my life at co-op, girls' dance classes, church, small group, scrapbooking buddies, lifetime friends...I adore your hearts!
7. Generous in-laws who have shown me that stuff is just stuff
6. Sunrises and sunsets that remind me of what a Mighty God I serve
5. Sister and brother who still giggle with me over our childhood jokes and also that we support each other in our endeavors regardless of how different we all are. No judgement, just love. :)
4. Parents who showed me the way to Christ and loved me enough to teach me that the best gift they could ever give me was to love each other well. I am grateful my parents did not try to be my friend when I was younger but were my parents who loved me enough to discipline me and teach me to do things the "right" way. :)
3. Being blessed to be called Mommy~ a word I never thought I would hear. I am thankful to have two beautiful girls who bless me with laughter, joy and love daily. These girls have a love and knowledge of God that I am in awe of daily.
2. Being married to a man who I adore and adores me. Having a marriage that is never taken for granted and where we see God's hand throughout. I am grateful Matt understands this woman's heart.
1. Having a God who loved me enough that He laid down His life for mine. While I was still a sinner, He died for me. He did if for you too.
Posted by jamers at 10:49 AM