Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Time for another great tackle!

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

It's that time of week again! Love it! I need all the encouragement I can get right now to tackle those projects that are calling out to me and yet I choose to walk on by over and over again. I usually find something else more appealing to do, but still these things call out. (don't worry, I am not really hearing voices :)

So, today's Tuesday tackle project is going to be something to bless our homeschool....bookshelves! I need to get in the bookshelves and organize our school books again. I like them to be in order by history topics (creation to greek, rome to reformation, middle ages, American History and modern world history) , science subjects, and then the various other subjects I have books to read.

This is one of 4 bookshelves needing attention.

I love books. They are my addiction. Nothing blesses me more than when I get my homeschool order in and I get to rummage through the new books. Well, maybe when my oldest daughter and I go to HalfPriced Bookstores and find the books we need for next year at half the price!! That blesses us both so much.

Regardless, we have accumulated quite the library of books through our 6 years of homeschooling and I just can't seem to see an end in sight. I love it. But the problem always arises mid-year that the books are not put back where they go and next thing you know our shelves are a mess. So, today, that will be solved. I will take a picture but I don't know that it will show much progress. The shelves themselves are not in disarray as much as they need organized. I am sure there will be some change in appearance, but not like the desk tackle a couple weeks ago! That was a mini makeover! I will post an update tonight to let you know how I did on this project.

Update: We did it! My oldest daughter helped me empty out every single bookshelf and organize them. (one of her talents by the way) So tonight, they are organized and ready for school tomorrow. yeah! I do think I will be finding a way to label the shelves as suggested. Just not sure I want the bookshelves in my living room labeled. Not sure how to get around that one. We'll see.
Here are some pictures of the process.


My living room floor was overtaken by books.

We sorted them by subject into baskets.


Can you believe I have two complete shelves just for American History!!

It feels great to have another job tackled. I truly am loving have the challenge to push me to finish a task at hand. Now....what will it be next week?

2 comments:

busymomof10 said...

I love books too and have a TON after 19 years of home educating!!! I have the same problem you have, but one idea that has helped . . . I bought one of those label makers that spit out beautiful laminated labels and I labeled all of my bookshelves with clear label tape. Now, at least everyone can see what goes on that shelf and has no excuse for putting books back on the wrong shelves! Some of my labels are -- US History, World History, Science, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Classics, Biographies, Books by BJU Press, GA Henty, etc. Perhaps this idea will work for you . . . .

Christy of The Travel Bags said...

We have the same issues! Seven years of homeschooling, incurable case of bookwormitis, and not enough shelves for the masses!

I had a fun visit on your blog today. Thanks for sharing my quiet time with me!

By the way, we have a "Bean" also.
Christy of www.notableblogger.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin