Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Faithful Friends


Today's walk down memory lane is going to be one of those sweet moments I adore. My girls have had the blessing of being friends with many people in their little lives this far. However, there are few of those friends that seem to remain a constant in our lives as the girls get older. As I was flipping through pictures recently, I came across some of the pictures that brought a smile to my face. My dear friend, Lainie, had recently moved away from our area of town to a very rural country setting. So one day, we took off to go for a visit. I remember Bean putting on this fun skirt because she wanted to look like Boo who loves to wear skirts regularly.

Fall 2006
Doodle and E. love talking about horses and exploring in their woods. Three years later, still enjoying talking about horses but those little girls are looking more and more like young ladies.
Fall 2009


Summer 2008
Here Bean and Boo are making a masterpiece in the kitchen. Truly these two are the crafters and cooks. They like to do things. While there sisters will sit and pour through horse magazine after horse magazine, they will make tons of bead projects, knit a hat or bookmark or whatever they dream up. I just love seeing that while we do not get to see our friends as often as we would like, all of us still enjoy that time together when it comes around. We just pick up where we left off and treasure the time together. The fact that I enjoy the mom to these girls as much as my girls enjoy their friends is just icing on the cake. :)

2 comments:

Jenilee said...

how cute! what fun memories!

Lainie said...

Ahhhhh! Make me cry! Right back at you friend - so when are you coming up again?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin