Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What will you do oo oo for....your daddy?

I know that is not how the song goes, but that is what we are singing this morning. We have had some trouble keeping on top of lots of stuff lately just due to being gone so much really. Matt has not been able to mow as often as he likes to have it done which has allowed me to bless him by taking on that task from time to time. I actually found out I enjoy it. (shh...don't tell) Anyway, after the last couple times I mowed, I noticed it looked like we had harvested wheat more than mowed grass. Our yard looked horrible. Even I noticed, which truly I am not a yard nazi type person. I figure if God wanted it all cut down he would have made it short! :) Anyway, I enjoy nature as is for the most part. But Matt truly can not stand when his yard has lines of grass clippings looking like an unswept carpet. He likes it to look like a freshly swept carpet, I guess.

So today, after I mowed, I went in to get my eager helpers and between the three of us, we raked and bagged the grass clippings for our daddy. Why? Because we love him and wanted to bless him. Didn't take as long as we thought it would and you know what? No whiners. Because I told them this would bless Daddy from the beginning, they jumped right in to help. I also told them I would pay them for each bag they filled up after I realized how big the job was going to be. Well, little did I know how much grass we have! We ended up bagging 7 bags of clippings!
Doodle and Bean with the proof of their hard work.

As we finished, Doodle said," Mom, you should have taken a before and after shot for your blog." Oops! So, instead we have a girls sitting on the bags they filled and the after. You know, I love that they were willing to do the work without payment before I mentioned it. I love that they wanted to bless their Daddy in this way. I know it is silly but somehow I managed to make raking and bagging grass sappy. What can I say? I love my man.


A almost well manicured lawn.

The other side of our backyard and our nasty old shed.
Maybe that will be our next project. :0)

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Awww... You guys are so sweet and thoughtful. Want to come mow our lawn? I'm with you - at least a little... I imagine that time on the mower can be a little reprieve - especially if you are jamming to some good music or something! Glad your girls were such great helpers. See you soon!

Lainie said...

The clippings from our yard often rival the wheat field that surrounds it. You are so sweet to do that for him. I bless Bryan by telling Ted to go mow! :-)

amanshrivastava said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
amanshrivastava said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin