Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Memory Verse



This week I want to work on self discipline in two areas: eating and housework. So, with that, God has given me a great verse:

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power,
of love and of self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7

My prayer is when I feel overwhelmed and can not focus on my task at hand, I will remember this scripture and keep going. It is a choice I have made right now to be out of control with food and lazy around the house. Yes, there are reasons I am tired or don't feel like doing stuff, but that is not how God wants me to react: caving into the laziness or the cravings. God is bigger than my hunger. He is bigger than my tiredness and I know if I call on Him, He will help me to get these two areas under control. I'll let you know how it goes! Have a blessed week in the Lord!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin