Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Blog~ same ol' stuff


While it has been some time since I have sat down to update people on what is happening in our home, I think the odd thing is not much has changed! We are still homeschooling both girls. We are still in the same co-op, which is a huge blessing to all three of us. We are still active in church activities and Bible Study Fellowship. We still have girls who enjoy ballet and swimming. We still have the same struggles with domestic duties we always have. We are still blessed with so many close friends who remain constant in our life. We cherish those relationships. Matt and I are still odd in how we prefer to hang out together rather than with other people. No one makes me laugh like him and no one makes me feel as secure in my faith. God knew what I needed in my life when He brought me my man.




With those constants in our life, we also have some new adventures. We have a new church home. We are now members at Indian Creek Christian Church, called the Creek. The pastor's preaching is just amazing. He is gifted in making you really dig into scripture and see what it says. I appreciate that he preaches from God's Word alone. No other book is needed. Praise God he speaks from scripture and not from "feeling". With a new church home comes new friends. We are enjoying seeing who God places in our life. With each new family, we find such a blessing in our little world.

Secondly, Doodle has joined the Precious Hearts Dance Ministry team this year. She tried out this past summer and was asked to join. That is a commitment on her part but also on the part of her family. We take her for practice every Saturday at 8am. Did you hear me...8:00AM!!! So Bean and I are finding new ways to entertain ourselves while she is practicing.


Thirdly, the girls are both involved in Bible Bowl at the Creek. This has them learning portions of scripture to then use in a quizzing format. Kind of like Brain Game for Bible. (if that makes sense) Anyway, both girls really enjoy it and we have found out that Doodle thrives on the pressure of the game. She really does well. Bean really enjoys hanging out with her friends and has found that "winning" is not all that matters to her, which is awesome! I think it is a gift.

Lastly, this year of changes in churches has brought back the fire I missed in my life...that passion for Christ. I had forgotten how much I thrive on being able to dig into the Word of God and see it work in my life. I can not tell you what being spiritually dead did to me. I had become so stagnant and to be alive again is amazing. Not sure when that happened, but I do know that I feel again and I am awake to see what God is doing around me. I hear his small whisper in my life and I feel the thunder when I choose to go another way. God is my constant. He is the rock I cling to when my life gets crazy, which it inevitably does. I think the best thing I can say about the past year is that I am alive in Christ!!!




2 comments:

Nicole said...

LOVE your blog - can't wait to keep up with you and your journeys through it! I am so grateful for our friendship. You are an amazing woman - and I love you and your precious family!

Lainie said...

Hey, lady! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin