Wednesday, February 11, 2009

God's 2X4

Lately I have become more aware of how far away from God I had allowed myself to become. I know that I have always loved Him and had faith He would do what He promised. That has never wavered, however, my time with Him has, my reading His word has and my serving Him at church and being a part of the body certainly have both suffered. Most of all, my devotion to seeking Him daily has taken the biggest punch in the gut. Well, in trying to redirect this issue, as I know there is no hope on the road I have started down, I am amazed at how God has spoken to me. Here I am the one who has walked down the thorny pathway I have chosen and He is the one pursuing me! Isn't that just God!

This morning, I sat down to have some quiet time before I started the day with the girls. Here are the scriptures He led me to:

Joel 1:3 ~ Tell it to your children and let your children
tell it to their children and let their children to the next generation.

Joel 2:12-13~ Even now, declares the Lord, return to me
with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and
mourning. Rend your hearts and not your garments.
Return to the Lord your Go
d, for He is gracious
and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in
love and He relents from sending calamity.

Aren't those amazing!! As if those would not have been enough. I pick up my devotional and read the title for this morning "Reigniting the Fire"!!! Can you believe that!?! Only God could orchestrate that to get my attention in such a mighty way. He then gave me these two verses in 2Timothy through that devotional:

2 Timothy 1:7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity,
but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:12b I know whom I have believed, and am
convinced that he is able to guard what I
have
entrusted to him for that day.


Again, only God. Not only did He speak to me in a mighty way, but I know what I am to do. I am to rend my heart and return to my God with fasting, weeping and mourning. I am to stand strong with that spirit of power . I am to use the spirit of love with those I come into contact with on a daily basis. I am to use the spirit of self-discipline to get back to where I left the right path.
I am to be confident in whom I serve and know He is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for today. Then, I am to tell my children!!!

How can I tell you what this gift has given me? I think I have been emotionally dead for a time and didn't realize it until my oldest daughter was struggling. Thanks to the 2 x 4 God uses with me from time to time, I see that I am not who she has always known me to be. I not only became emotionally dead, but spiritually stagnant. There is nothing worse than luke warm to God. Yet, here, he was able to be slow to anger with me and full of compassion as He showed me where I need to be and what I need to do. I am a sinner, saved by grace by a God who meets me where I am and continually shows me grace I do not deserve. What a mighty God I serve!

Precious God, I pray I never wander so far that you
decide to not seek me.
Lord, thank you for not only taking
me back but for showing me the way back
to your loving
arms. Light the fire in me Lord, that only you can do.
I am yours.
I am willing to serve and to do what you desire.
Show me and guide me as we take
this journey together.
Thank you for never leaving me even when I chose to ignore

your tugging at my heart to spend time with you again. Prick
my heart if I ever
start to wander off the path that leads me
straight to your arms, Lord. For there
is where I am safe,
there is where I am filled with joy and confidence in what
you
ask me to do, there is where I am strong. Today is a day of
rejoicing!
You are good, Lord. Your love is everlasting
and it is powerful. You are my rock.
You are my strong
tower, my refuge, me Abba. You are the great I AM,
mighty and powerful in all you do. You are the Alpha and
Omega, majestic and worthy of much praise. I praise you
today, Lord, as I sit here a woman awakened by your love
and discipline. You are my Holy and Mighty God whom
I will give much praise. In Jesus most precious name, Amen!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin