Friday, February 13, 2009

Date Night!

Did I mention I have a date tonight with my man? Well, if I didn't, I have a date tonight with my sweetie! Woohoo! I can not tell you the last time Matt and I went out on a date by ourselves. Now I do know the last time we went out with other couples, which is always fun, but seriously can't recall the last date night we had alone. So that pretty much tells me that it is way overdue.

We are headed out to Maggiano's for dinner and then who knows. Depends on how long dinner takes. Our girls are going to stay with some friends. We have started to swap kids for date nights. Not sure why it took us so long to figure this out but it is a need.

When you are married with kids, it is so easy to start to put the kids and daily life stuff first. I do have to say that is just not good. The kids and stuff will be gone one day and we have to take care of our marriage first. My parents did a great job of letting us know the best gift they could give us was to take time out for their marriage. I know that, I was raised to respect that and yet I still struggle to make it happen. Now, I will add that we are not in a state of crisis in our marriage so it gets easy to put on the back burner, but still, it is good to enjoy the good times together as well as pull together when stuff is happening.

So tonight gets to be a fun night for just us. We will probably go over the 7 questions we use to spark conversation about other things besides kids and also to go a little deeper with our talks than what we did last week. It has always helped us to stay focused on our marriage growing closer and closer to what God desired it to be. I am just thankful that I have a husband who likes to go out with me and enjoys talking with me about our life together. I am also thankful that my husband does not just take one day a year to say how much he loves me or to do something special. He spoils me throughout the year and it is not just with stuff. It is with the stuff that counts: love, time, attention, kindness, service, trustworthiness, sense of humor, joy, and more! We just enjoy laughing and spending time together and I am so excited to do just that. Can you tell? Oh, by the way, did you know I have a date with my honey tonight? Better go get ready!


AGMinistries.org: Marriage is between a man and a woman.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hey there - SO glad we got this kid swap thing started! It was such a joy to have your girls - seriously - it was an EASY night for us! :-) Hope you enjoyed your date... And, can I get those 7 questions you guys discussed? I'm sure it would make for great conversation for us too! Can't wait to have your girls over again!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin