Thursday, February 19, 2009

Delight In the Lord


God keeps reaching out to me right now in various ways. I must be a visual learner because He seems to reach me greatest with pictures and videos! I ran across this picture that I had saved from earlier use in a newsletter. It says it all, doesn't it? Delight yourself also in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart! What an amazing promise! I think a lot of people focus on the "give you the desires of your heart" portion of this scripture. I want to focus on the "delight yourself in the Lord" portion. What would that look like for me? How do I delight myself in the Lord? I am not totally sure of that answer yet, but I do know it is putting Him first, above all other tasks on my "to do" list. It is not seeing my time with Him as a task but as nourishment. It is seeking His Word above all my friends advice. It is falling on my knees before the throne of God daily and worshipping Him as my Lord and Savior. For now, that will be my focus. I am eager to see where else He will take me as I learn to delight in Him and not worry about the my heart's desires. I think I have focused on that part way too long. Time to put God first and focus on that alone.

1 comment:

Lainie said...

Sing it sista'! I think you're saying once again that it's not all about me. Why must I need to repeat that lesson daily, or is it hourly? BTW - The pics of Doodle and Bean - looking way too old. It needs to stop!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin