Saturday, December 12, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action!!!

The girls have both been involved in different Christmas programs this year. Last weekend, Bean was in the Sonshine Kids Choir's musical called Angel Alert. It was so cute. They did a lovely job. What I enjoyed was watching my quiet shy girl stand up to the microphone and say her line loud and proud. That moment was so exciting for me. She has always been our super shy girl, hiding behind my legs. To watch her come out over the past couple years to the point she is willing to stand up on stage in front of hundreds of people and speak, well that is just God's gift!

This weekend, Doodle has been involved with her praise dance ministry team in a Christmas program at a church. The first show was last night. It was beautifully done. I can not tell you what it does to me watching her dance for her Lord. She beams! It is not the same as when she is on stage for a play, but it is this look on her face that lets me know who she is dancing for...her Jesus. She is so reverent at that moment it brings me to tears.

Watching both the girls this week has allowed me to really hit my knees with a heart of gratitude to God. It is one thing to have a daughter who loves singing around the house or dancing like crazy. But to have two daughters who love singing praise songs daily and dancing for God, well that just melts my heart. There is nothing that touches my heart more than watching my children serve Him, seek Him and worship Him. Matt doesn't have to shop for me this year, the gift of watching each of them do their thing for God, well, that is the best gift I could open this year.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin