Wednesday, December 9, 2009

God Cares About My Washer!?!

I know what you are thinking....What? Why would God care about our washer? Well, I think the same thing but you see, He does! Ok, maybe not the washer in itself but He cares about the circumstances around my life and takes care of all it even the washer! Let me explain better...

We purchased a very nice machine a couple of years ago after saving to pay cash since our old one broke. At that time, we took our clothes to the laundry mat for almost 3 months! It was nuts. So once we decided on what to buy, we have been in love with this silly machine because it does 3 loads of laundry in one load! Anything that saves time around here is a love of mine. :)

A month ago, this blessing of a machine became a bit shall I say "agitated". (sorry couldn't help it!) It started blinking "F1" at me during the fill up times in the cycles. I read what that meant and knew we were in trouble. We did not have money to pay for someone to fix it. We did not have money to go to the laundry mat either! Plus, this machine is only two years old! What's up with that? Luckily, every time I restarted it, as the instructions told me to try, I was able to get it to go. So, I prayed over that silly machine and God made it hold out to finish our laundry each week....until Sunday. On Sunday night, Matt had to take our laundry over to the office to do. He was there until 1:30. (much smaller machine!) That did not bless him and I felt horrible! It got us researching the problem and brainstorming how to fix it.

Matt found online that there were others who had this problem and that the manufacturer took care of it. So I called yesterday. I told them what we have had happening and guess what....they are sending a repairman out to our house tomorrow!! Best part~ FREE OF CHARGE!!! Did you catch that? FREE! God is amazing how He manages to show us He cares and will take care of it all....even a washing machine. I know some would say it is not Him, but I know it is because I have been praying about it for a month and asking for Him to either fix the machine so it will just work or bring the money to fix it. He did! So that gets me to thinking, if He cares about my silly machine and fixes it, why don't I leave all the other big stuff with Him and watch Him move? No answer today..just thinking about that one.

2 comments:

Lainie said...

That's wonderful. The mind can go all sorts of places with what that F1 means! I wish God would bring back my second string washer, but it was probably easier to raise Lazarus!

Nicole said...

So glad you blogged about this - so all of your readers - including me - could be encouraged by the story of how God met your need in this situation! Praising Him for answered prayer. Hugs to you friend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin