Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday's Menu

I hope this past week has been a precious time with family celebrating Jesus' birth. We certainly have had such sweet memories made and we also spent a little time sharing memories of ones we lost this year, our sweet Gaga Rachel and my dad's best friend, Roger. Those are sweet as well even it they produce some tears from time to time. :) (have I mentioned that I am a weeper?)

Anyway, we also got to see our dear friends, the Perkins and will be heading on Thursday to see our other dear friends, the Stumpf's. The three couples use to be in a small group together back when we had just adopted Emma, the Stumpf's had 4 of their 8 kids and the Perkins were waiting for God to bring them their precious little girls, now 5 and 3. What a road we all have taken since then and it is so neat to see that those friendships that are built in prayer and God's love just become like family. I'll post pictures of our visits later.

As for this week, we are going to do some soups and salads to get back to normal eating versus this gorging that has taken place! Whew! So here is the plan:

Monday: chili, corn bread

Tuesday: taco salad

Wednesday: potato soup and left over ham :)

Thursday: (headed to Stumpf's) not sure what we will take yet....white chocolate mix

Friday: veggie soup, bread

Saturday: white bean chicken chili, corn bread

Sunday: ham -n- beans (maybe by then the ham will be gone!) :)

For more menu ideas visit www.orgjunkie.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jamers! I just wanted to pop by and say hi. I love your soups for the week. It inspired me to make some of my own this week. So easy and so satisfying. I need to get a better meal plan going. I'm 10 pounds heavier than I was 2 months ago - and I know regular healthy meals and no snacks will make the difference.

Have a blessed New Year friend.
Love,
Lynnette

Blog Widget by LinkWithin