Monday, December 21, 2009

Mondays Menu!



Can you believe it is Christmas week?! I am so excited! I love this time of year. Now that our house is decorated, filled with the smells of baking, I can relax and enjoy the fruits of our labor. :) I love sitting by the tree with the lights on and music playing in the background and that is what I have been doing! So awesome!

We are blessed to live close to both sides of our family so we spend Christmas Eve with my family. We then have time at home Christmas morning and then head down to Matt's folks later that day to join up with his crew. This year there will be a slight change since Matt's sister is heading to her in-laws for Christmas day. We will be hosting Matt's parents on Christmas and then going to the family get together the next day once his sister is in town. I just did not want his mom sitting alone on Christmas especially this year being the first one since her mom passed away. So I have had fun thinking of what to have for my first Christmas dinner at our house! :)

As I finish up shopping, look towards the family times, I am praying we never lose sight in why we celebrate this season. Taking time to sit at the feet of Jesus is what makes this time so special. So, be sure to do the same and really meet with God during this special time of year. As for food...here is what we will be eating this week:

Monday: baked chicken drumsticks, rice, green beans

Tuesday: White bean chicken chili, corn bread

Wednesday: Crouton chicken, mashed potato, broccoli

Thursday: Christmas dinner with my family!! (not sure what I am taking yet)

Friday: Christmas!
Breakfast: monkey bread, egg casserole, fruit, wassail

Lunch/dinner: Turkey,mashed potato, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole,
lime jello mold, fruit salad

Saturday: Christmas with Miller's! ( not sure what I am taking there yet)

Sunday: left overs!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin