Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Testing Faith

I find it amazing that just when you think everything is going well, you are tithing above and beyond the 10% you are instructed to give to God and have extra in the bank....all of a sudden life hits full force and you are scraping nickels together for a loaf of bread! Gracious! I was getting discouraged with recent financial issues when I realized that God wants to know that we will trust him in all things, in all ways and all circumstances. So, once again, we enter this busy season not prepared as I so much prefer. I will trust God to bring the finances to take care of what is needed and the extras will just have to be icing on the cake if and when God chooses to bring that money in as well. So while I remain faithful with giving, helping others and such...I also have to prove faithful in how the money God gives us is spent and what we do to honor Him with that money. It is sooooo easy to be all protective and hoard it when there is a time of less in your life. But God wants us to be extravagent in our giving. So, with a bit of fear but much faith I write this and know that by the end of this season, we will have an amazing story to share about how God has blessed this family once again. He never ceases to amaze me. He may not be early but He always comes through and in ways I just can't imagine! So, God, I give these concerns to you today knowing you will be faithful to figure it all out and that in doing so, I can not take it back....

washing machine (fix it or $$ to fix)
cars acting up (fix them or $$ to fix)
debt to pay off
garage door
new shoes for the girls
desire to have Christmas dresses for girls
money to go to the doctor (all 4 of us need to get a check up)
braces
dance
gas money
desire to help out the needy this season with $$ or presents
$$ for books for school

Lord, this is just the stuff that goes through my head on a daily basis as I make decisions. I know that all of this junk going through my mind is not allowing me to serve you or worship you in a way that brings you honor. I may never fully understand what it means to have abundant wealth and truly I do not want to as I find it puts my trust in money and not in God's provision. So while I struggle with feeling overwhelmed with worry at times, I still love having a God that will provide my every need. Now, if I can just get over feeling guilty when friends do nice things for us for the holidays when we can not repay that favor. Thank you God that you never look at the outward gifts but the inward. May our gifts be a sweet aroma to you.
In Jesus' most precious name, Amen! :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin