Thursday, December 17, 2009

S-T-R-E-T-C-H!

Have you ever noticed how God gives your children gifts that cause you to be stretched out of your comfort zone? Or sometimes, you have to show by example to help them step out of their own comfort zone? I have had the lovely blessing of having a very perky daughter in the mornings. Most of the time, that is not my bent. However, I enjoy watching her and she is stretching me to try it sometime...just not today. :) Seriously though, Doodle has a gift of not really knowing a stranger in a group. I become terribly shy when I walk into new places. Typically she does not which helps me to stretch my comfort zone. I have to go with her after all. She also is a little dare devil with roller coasters and that certainly has forced me out of my comfort zone of the kiddie rides.

Then there is Bean. Man, that girl is going to be stretch me til I snap! haha! She knows no fear with rides either. But that is not why I write today. Bean loves helping her daddy with all sorts of projects. It doesn't matter if it involves a tool or loud noise or if you will get messy. She just likes to know how all this stuff works and be there with him. I must say, she is stretching me to learn more about these things as well. For example, two nights ago, my husband mentioned he was having a pain that we were not sure what it was. He feared it might have been a hernia but was not sure...could be a pulled muscle. He could have done that while crawling around the crawl space moving speaker wires to their new homes. Of course, Bean was with him on the venture.
But they were not able to complete the task at hand that night due to not enough wire. So, guess what? Bean and I crawled under the house to do it for him last night. She knew what had to be done from the night before. She did a great job. I was scared out of my mind but did not let her see that. I just thought if I saw a mouse or big spider I would create a new way into the crawl space with a mommy shape hole! But there were not critters as I feared. It was kind of like crawling around in playground pebbles but it was also a fun time with Bean leading me around. Doodle stayed up and grabbed the wires we pushed through to their new homes. She was a great helper as well. Her job is the one I usually take on with Matt...but this night...Bean stretched her mommy and I am feeling very proud that little girl. I am also so glad that God finds cute little ways to push me out of the comfort zones in various ways.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Awesome Bean! I'm laughing at your mommy shaped hole :o)

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin