Friday, January 8, 2010

In A Flash Of An Eye....

they are all grown up. Over Christmas break, we had the chance to get together with a few of our dearest friends. Truly one of my favorite things to do. One family, the Perkins, have two girls pretty close to the same age distance as ours. The oldest, "Kitty" and the youngest, "Libby" are just the cutest little girls! They are now 51/2 and 3.
The Perkins and Miller Girls!
My girls are so excited to have them over every single time they come. They love these little girls so much. They truly adore having them over to play. And play they did! While the adults all played cards, talked and laughed a lot, the girls all put on play after play for us. Here are a few pictures from their plays:



The story was about a butterfly...notice the "green caterpillar". So clever!

Watching the girls all put on this play, suddenly I had the realization that my girls were so big! One is almost a teen and the other is in her last year in single digits. Yet, I remember so much what my life was like when my girls were the Perkins' girls ages! How did that happen?! Oh, let me reassure you, I love the ages my girls are at now. I rejoice in many parts of the stages they are in now, but for that moment that night, suddenly I realized just how fast time flies by for that little butterfly in the picture use to be my Doodle and the sunglasses diva was my Bean not so long ago. Enjoy every moment of their childhood and cherish those little things that make life so delicious for truly it all goes by in the flash of an eye.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin