Saturday, January 30, 2010

Divine Appointments

A couple days ago, Bean saw that our girls from Romania were online via the Yahoo! Messager. So I hopped back to the computer to double check and by golly, she was right! So I sat down to see if they could chat for a few minutes, as I know they are busy studying for college exams and there she is with a simple phrase that is music to my heart, " Hi Mom!". God so ordained that meeting. I know it sounds so silly, but I truly believe the reason we still have contact and feel the way we do, both sides, is because God has tied our hearts together. I was able to catch up with my girls. :) Happy momma for sure. There are no words to express what I feel when I see their username light up telling me they are online. I can't just pick up a phone and call as I do here. I have to wait for those divine appointments which I cherish. After a lovely chat, I always hate to "hang up" our conversation. I can tell our conversation is coming to an end and I get that weird feeling in the pit of my stomach because I realize I do not know the next time I will get to "hear" their voice. If that makes sense. I love G. and V. so much and I hate that they are so far away from us. But one thing their being that far away has taught me, God is in control. He will find a way to bring us together at just the time we needed and those moments are so precious that they will sustain us until the next time.

Isn't that kind of like our time with God? I mean, I am so eager to see that I have the ability to have complete silence to be at the foot of the cross. When I see that I will have that time, I am so eager to sit and be attentive to Him and Him alone for those few moments that pass so quickly. Once I realize our time is short, I hate to "hang' up as well and I walk away feeling so content with the time we had and yet longing for more. God uses all the situations in our life to teach us more about Him. I am thankful that while I may not understand why all of us can't be together, I do not find frustration or bitterness, instead I find God's heart and gentle hand as He guides me through these lessons. He is such an awesome teacher! Now, if I can just get myself pulled away from the computer so I can sit with Him...it is so hard once I talk to the girls, I want to sit by the computer all the time just in case. Hmmm, now there's another lesson...I think we all should feel the same way about God's time with us...just a thought. :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin