Friday, January 8, 2010

A Day to Celebrate!

Some moments, over time, tend to slip your mind. It is amazing how someone who I shared life with years ago can share a story which I do not recall one bit. Makes me feel so bad and so old! :) Then there are those moments in life that you will never forget. For those moments are the ones that change you forever. Today marks one of those days for our family. Twelve years ago today, Matt and I, along with my dad and his mom, walked into a courtroom downtown and stood before a judge to pubicly state what we had already privately done a few months before....
We will love this child as our own forever. Today is Doodle's adoption day.

This is a day we celebrate with Doodle. We want to honor the day we "officially" became a family. While we brought our precious bundle home two days after she was born, we did not get the official gift of being her parents until we had those papers signed from the judge. So January 8 will always be a day that I remember. I remember it all....the feeling the night before of knowing that this baby I was holding would be with us forever. That the precious smile she had would be ours to enjoy for the rest of our lives. I remember sitting in her nursery that night before and weeping tears of joy and some tears of relief. After years of waiting, our baby girl was home and home for good. So, Doodle, this day will always be a day I celebrate with you. You are and will always be my precious little girl. I love you and I am so thankful out of all the mommies in the world, God chose me to be yours. I am forever grateful and know that the best gift is watching you grow into the young lady you are becoming and the strong woman of God you will become. Thank you, God, for giving me the chance to hear the word I wanted to badly in my home, Mommy. Today is a day to celebrate!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Happy adoption day Doodle! Hope you were able to enjoy and celebrate! A big hug from the Bishops...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin