Friday, January 8, 2010

Pure Joy

Doodle loves to tell jokes. She is a funny kid who tries to make others laugh if possible. With this love of laughter, she has found a bossom buddy, my dad, Poppy. Poppy attends Bible Study Fellowship with Matt and the girls as well as most the other grandkids and my mom. On BSF nights, Matt has to stay late and Poppy has brought Doodle home from BSF early since she was in first grade. They had this weekly date alone until Bean started attending evening BSF with them a little over two years ago. During this drive time, Doodle always has a joke for Poppy and he tries to have one for her in return. These little jokes did not start out as funny on her end, trust me. But that did not stop her nor did Poppy let her know that they weren't funny. Over time, her jokes have become funny and she and Poppy share this little bond of jokes.

Poppy (my dad) telling Doodle a joke. I love the way she is looking at him.

Over Christmas, I was able to snap this picture of them sharing a joke or two. After looking at the pics on my computer, I was touched. What a special moment to have with your grandpa. To know he finds in you pure joy. I knew that kind of love from my grandpas and I am so grateful to get to see it first hand with them.

Doodle and Poppy enjoying a good laugh at one of their jokes.


1 comment:

christina grandstaff said...

I know Poppy a little bit from school, here, and there. The picture of he and your Doodle touched me deeply...it is a moment to be treasured and they are both so lucky you captured it forever!! So, so sweet. This is why I love photos.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin