Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Refreshment

When I hear that word....refreshment.....I usually think of food. What kind of refreshments will be at the meeting? or game? But lately, I am feeling the need for some refreshment, but of a different kind for sure. I need refreshed spiritually and physically. I am tired and I know I am not taking time to be with my God as I know I need in order to do what He has called me to do. I am not doing anymore than the average mom so I know I am not needing refreshment more than you! I just wonder how do we get that when we are still plodding along. At some point we must take time to allow God to refresh our spirits to be fully used by Him. So I am wondering, what else do I need to give up now in order to give God my attention and allow Him to fill me up? How about you? Do you need that same refreshment from our Heavenly Father? What are you going to give up in order to let God work in you too? I'm always open for new ideas in spending time with my precious Jesus!

2 comments:

Lainie said...

As I was driving today, there was a sermon based on "Be still and know that I am God." I didn't even get to hear the sermon, but the verse really stopped me. I realized that that has been the problem for the past few months. We're too crazy to be still and hear God. Things are going to change...

jamers said...

Lainie, That is exactly where I am too! Need to stop and just be still. Even our days of rest, Sundays, have been swamped! I love what I do, hate how I feel right now. Good to know we are not alone though in wanting this to change. :) Anxious to hear how you guys go about it as well. First up for the Miller's...quiet time.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin