Saturday, August 8, 2009

Porch Party!

My blog buddy, Lynnette Kraft at Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground, is having a blog Porch party! Your invited too! Hop over to her blog to see what is involved. This weekend we are asked to write 10 fun facts about us in order to let other women see who we are as they hop from porch to porch getting to know each other. So with that in mind...let's get going!

1. I am a Pooh Bear freak!!! Love him. I love all his movies, books, songs. As I go through life, I hear those silly songs in my head when they go along with certain situations. (ex. when it is raining..."I'm just a little black rain cloud...pay no attention to little me.")

2. I love to paint my nails when I get the time. However, if I have that time to do that, I want someone to notice! So I tend to paint my toenails red!!! (scandalous!) :)

3. I was a dancer as a child and into high school. I loved it! Still do! There are times I will put on some fun music and dance around with my girls. I think I embarrass them more than anything but we still have fun!

4. I love to read. I do not have time to read as often as I would like to now but I know one day I will again.

5. I hated history as a student and I LOVE it now. I get how it all fits together finally! Teaching my own kids has allowed me to stir this passion inside myself. I am the official History Geek and proud of it. :)

6. I love taking pictures...lots and lots and lots of pictures. I also love to scrapbook these pictures. It is my favorite way to spend time with friends right now. :)

7. God speaks to me through nature. I know what your thinking....she's a nut! But truly, when I spend time in His creation, I feel HIM!! I see how he thinks, what he thinks is beautiful and not focus so much on what society things is beautiful. It restores me.

8. I am the middle child and can prove it! I am the peace maker, people pleaser and have had to work really hard to make sure I don't give into that as I have gotten "more mature" shall we say. :) I focus now on what pleases God not others but I still struggle.

9. I love having a houseful of kids!! I know it is nutty but when I have all of the cousins over, my heart just soars. I love listening to their conversations and being a part of what is going on in their lives. I miss them when they are not hear and so do my girls. I am grateful my girls are home with me all the time and that we get to share the fun parts of our days together as well as the not so fun parts. I am thrilled to hear them giggle and talk through play. I admit they are not always joyful sounds and at times momma needs a break but truly I am one of the ones who likes being with her kids too.

10. I am one of those crazy women who happens to truly not just love her husband but LIKE him too. My husband is my best friend and I adore him. No one makes me giggle as hard as he does and no one comes to my mind to share fun or sad stuff with sooner than he does either.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jamers! I've visited here many times so it was fun to find a familiar place to pop by tonight. :)

I loved learning more about you. Hey, I'm a middle child too. I have described myself as having "Middle Child insecurity syndrome". I've outgrown it though. Yes, maturity! (Truth is, I don't care much what people think about me anymore... I just make sure I'm pleasant to be around and that's doing my part! hee hee)

Oh, I'm a big nature person too. I agree. God speaks to me quietly through the wind blowing through the trees... the birds, the bugs, the clouds, etc. I totally get that!

Well, better run off to another porch or I'll never be able to visit everybody! It was great visiting.
Love,
Lynnette
PS I like my hubby too. :)

Kathryn said...

Coming from Lynnette's.

I love to read. I have time to read as God has not blessed us with children.

I have always loved Pooh, also. Precious books. We had a funny recording of songs when i was a child, too. Never heard of it elsewhere.

Oh, i like my husband so much. God has blessed me far beyond what i deserve. We spend at least 4 hours a week in the car together & it is our precious time together. There are times i wish we didn't have to be away from home 2 days a week, but i would miss our time together so much.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin