Thursday, September 2, 2010

Driving with Dad

Yesterday the girls and I took a road trip with my dad to Shipshewana to exchange a swing he had purchased which was too long for his porch. Dad picked us up about 9:45 and we headed out. The girls brought school on the road, one of our favorite things to do to shake up the schedule. :)

We enjoyed driving and talking as we went. Dad told the girls that he had never driven with me awake so much! I was quite the sleeper in the car as a kid. We would get down the street and I would be out. Use to crack him up how I could wake up just before we got in our driveway. This trip, I did not want to miss out on one moment.

I don't get a lot of time alone with my dad anymore but I still adore it. His opinions mean the world to me and there is something about just sitting and laughing with your dad that makes life seem right. So, while we did not solve any world problems or even family ones, it was a nice day to restore this girls love tank with her dad.

That got me to thinking, isn't that the same with our Heavenly Father? We don't take the time to be with Him as we should, yet when we do....instantly all is well. I am thankful that my dad not only cracks me up and makes me feel special, but loves Jesus as he does and has shown me the way to fill up my eternal love tank!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Sounds like a wonderful day... Glad you got that special time with your dad!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin