Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Purity Pressure

It is that time in our house to have mother/daughter weekend getaway and go through the Passport to Purity package. As I have been going through the kit, I realize I may be under prepared for this task. I have been excited for years at the thought of taking time with each of my girls, one on one, to truly dig into scripture as we discuss just how God created their bodies as well as how He intended their bodies to be one with their husbands.

I feel a lot of pressure, which I put on myself, that if I don't "do" this right they will not realize what a joy it is to wait and be blessed in this area with their spouse or they will never truly be able to allow themselves to enjoy sex as a husband and wife should! It's a good thing...within marriage! Then I realize this is not the first time I have struggled with pressure to share my heart with them about his topic. This time, I am just telling more details and peeling off one more layer to the onion topic.

My husband and I have started praying about this weekend and I know Doodle is going to be overwhelmed as she really has no desire to learn about any of it as of yet. Boys still are just her friends and kissing on any movie or between her Dad and me grosses her out! Thank you, Jesus! :) She likes being protected. She does not want to look like the other teens around and I am thankful for that. However, I also don't want to give her the idea that sex is bad and only for making babies!

Let's face it, God gave us a beautiful gift to ENJOY with in the boundaries of marriage. So, when we talk about this topic this weekend, I need to find the words to explain that it is a beautiful gift that is worth the wait. It is meant to enjoy, within marriage and that keeping that part of your heart and body pure for your husband will bless your marriage. Yeah, I know...no pressure!!! First of all, I am struggling to look at my little girl and realize she will one day be sexually involved with anyone! That is just the momma and I am sure my mom would say she still feels that way, but we move past that and prepare our girl.

One decision we have made for this time, we are not going to ask her to sign the purity contract at age 13. We are going to get her a little ring and present her with that but to sign something when you don't fully understand what you are saying is really setting her up to fail in our opinion. So what we want to do is continue these talks and maybe do the signing ceremony when she is 16 with then a much nicer ring as well. We'll see how it all goes. Pray for me if you think of it and for Doodle! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray for both you and Doodle!

HariShankar said...

just came across to your blog from my friends just by clicking next blog. Wow its simple but could see lot of things love, care and the family bond. I always wonder how God created such a big world with different people and geography, but apart from all one thing remain same across everyone. Love, care, affection and some more of such things. :)

God bless you, your family.

Regards
Hari.
"A human who wanted to explore this full world and people in it. "

Blog Widget by LinkWithin