Friday, September 10, 2010

I Did It!

I have to tell you that I use to be an avid reader when I get the chance to do so, I still am. With homeschooling our girls, I tend to read about the topics we are studying, parenting books and of course my Bible. :) I have not been able to read a book for pleasure in a couple years. I start them and they just sit. I hate that so much being that I really do LOVE getting lost in a good book. Now don't get me wrong, I read all the time. It is just not for my own enjoyment right now. It always has to do with school, parenting or faith: all of which I adore! :)

So I decided to make myself finish a book...take time to savor those things I enjoy. I started it about 5 days ago and finished it last night. I soooo enjoyed getting lost in this book and am thinking I need to make this happen more often. I did not miss out on anything with the family and I was a happier momma just for taking some time to do what I enjoy. Makes me wonder what else I need to plug back into my schedule as we continue to tweak it! What do you need to plug back in to your schedule?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin