Wednesday, September 8, 2010

At last!!!

Do you have times where you are so swamped with kids activities that it takes away from your own social time? I don't mean that in a nasty way at all. I just mean that we have been on the go for so long that I have not had a chance to scrapbook with my friends since last November! Add to that, I have not seen some of my dear friends since June! I mean, come on! Momma needs a little giggle time with the girls. I do fine not having daily interaction with my buds as long as we get to speak through facebook, email or text from time to time. I know their life is just like mine. It is not that we are intentionally not spending time together at all. It is a choice we make to live the lifestyle we choose to live and most of the time it is not at all a feeling of sacrifice. Lately though,I have really been missing my friends.

So the good news is that I finally have a date on the calendar to visit two dear friends pretty soon! Woohoo! Tomorrow we are headed to visit our buddies the Stumpf's which is always a great day! :) In October, we are headed up to visit our buddies the Perkins for a girls weekend since both dads will be out of town. Add to that my great gift of seeing my buddies that live closer at co-op, church and the like and I am starting to feel a bit more "social". I am one of those funny women who can be alone for great lengths of time but when that feeling hits...boy do I need my friends! I get my giggle up and then I am good for a bit again. :) Gotta love that feeling.

Another area I am so excited about....BSF!! Bible Study Fellowship has been a part of our life for 14 years. I attended with our girls and took many of the cousins throughout the years until Bean started 1st grade. At that point, she was too old to attend day time and started attending with Daddy and Rachel at night. They still do that. I have missed those studies so much. I have missed their structure. I have missed the discussions, songs, all of it really. So good news is that I get to go back now that the girls are older. So I will be attending BSF again but for the first time ever, it will be alone. Weird! I do have friends going but I have never walked in without a child in tow. Seems odd and yet I am so excited to get back into God's Word using this tool.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

So glad you get to see some friends - and I sure am missing you, too!!! Can't wait to see you more at BSF. Enjoy your time with the Stumpfs - and with Kim and the girls, too... So awesome it worked out that your hubbies were gone at the same time. See you soon!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin