Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sink Verses

awake sink verses
My blog buddy, Jenilee, has a great idea of posting scriptures that you have around your house to encourage you or to meditate on as you go about your day. For her, the location is the kitchen sink. For me, I have index cards taped all over my house as gentle reminders of what I need to be working on or what I need to recall. Here are a few:
Philippians 2:14
Do everything without complaining or arguing.
(posted by my sink...great reminder for doing daily chores without whining!)
Jeremiah 6:16
Ask where the good way is and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.
(posted by the garage door as a reminder to "walk" the good way as we leave the house)
Hosea 14:9
The ways of the Lord are right; the righteous walk in them, but the rebellious stumble in them.
(posted by the computer, an area of tempation for many)
Micah 7:18b
You (God) do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy.
(by mirror so I can see if my face shows delight in mercy)
2 Cor. 12:9b
My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness.
(posted by my bed to remind each morning and at night that God is all I need)
Ephesians 4:29
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpfl for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
(posted by the telephone to remind us what kind of speech we need to use)
I have others, but will save those for another day. I just want to encourage all of you to claim some scriptures for your walls, whether you post it on index cards or paint it on like my dear friend, Lainie. Having God's Word on your walls, makes it come alive in your home. I can't wait to see what others have posted. God's Word is so rich.

1 comment:

Jenilee said...

I love your list! and I love where you posted them. As the girls get older, I want to do that too so that can see God's Word in their daily lives like that. so awesome!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin