Monday, May 24, 2010

Cleaning Out the Cobwebs

Lately, I have been really working on deep cleaning my home. It has NEVER been this yucko! Truly, I had let things go the past year. I just got in a major slump and did not try to make it happen. That fog I mentioned earlier seems to be the biggest reason for the home issues. I notice that while I am attacking certain areas each day something amazing is happening. Each time I dig in and clear away the dirt and cobwebs from my home, not to mention the clutter....it appears to be doing the same to my mood. I find I am feeling more and more like myself. I am seeing God in everyday things and everyday tasks as I once did. I am rejoicing in the new light.

It reminds me that just as clearing away the cobwebs in my house brings out the new home hiding beneath the grime, God does the same for me. As I spend more time with Him, He gently scours away the dirt and grime or cobwebs in my heart and suddenly there is a new heart peering through. A heart for Him. I am not sure why I struggle from time to time with the blues, but I do know that I am thankful for having a loving Heavenly Father who gently wipes away the yuck and allows me once again to shine for Him.

Today, we tackle the bedrooms.....I can't wait to see what God reveals. :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hi friend... What a great post. One of the things on my "to do" list today is to clean out the junk drawers in our kitchen - to get rid of the clutter and unnecessary stuff in there. While I do it, I'll be like you, asking God to get rid of the excess junk in my life and in my mind! See you soon!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin