Monday, May 10, 2010

A Day to Cherish Indeed

Photobucket

Tiffany at A Moment Cherished has started a fun meme called Momentous Monday. She is encouraging us to take note of those moments we all have each week and share with others. So I thought I would share this week as well.

Yesterday was Mother's Day and I must say that my family spoiled me rotten! I may never be the same again. :) I awoke to breakfast in bed with some of my favorite things. Then the girls brought me cards and gifts. I opened the card to see the sweet face of Winnie the Pooh staring back at me. Do my girls know me or what?! I opened the gift to find a gift card to go get a spa treatment, facial, manicure etc. How sweet! Then last was the thickest package. It was squishy too. I truly thought it was a new blankie to wrap up in but upon my surprise it was the cushiest robe ever! So soft! I have needed a new robe for years but just don't see that as a need ever so I just keep wearing the same thing over and over. Not anymore!

After my little bountiful breakfast and gifts, we went to church together and were all moved by the sermon on generosity. Quite the heart turner for sure. We were all able to enjoy lunch together after church before heading over to my parents. We spent the afternoon with my entire family. All eight cousins were there and they just played like crazy. The adults enjoyed our time together as well. I love seeing my mom smile and giggle like she does on Mother's Day. The men all made us dinner, which was lovely and even cleaned up. Upon arriving home, reality set in when I realized that I had to do some work for co-op. But that is how I like it. I prefer to be working for my family and allow them to feel as blessed as I did yesterday. What a day indeed!

Me with my girlies who know how to make their momma feel special because they learned from their daddy.

4 comments:

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Happy Mother's Day (a day late) to you!!

Your family sounds lovely. I am glad that you had such a beautiful day.

I found you via Momentous Monday!

Tiffany said...

Oh, what a lovely Mother's day. You have such a sweet family. I love reading about other women who are blessed and know it - so refreshing. Thank you for linking up to Momentous Monday!

Verna said...

Jane Ann...your writing is such a blessing! These past few months trying to always be here for Gretchen's family emotionally and physically has been a challenge and was often draining on Dan and me. We love our children and grandchildren so much and yesterday I got to make a wonderful memory for at least three other people! I finally got to use the luncheon set I told you about. Cameron the 10 yr. old went fishing with his Dad, Uncle and other Grandpa. On Saturday when I had the 6 and 8 year old little girls with me on a trip to WM, I told them about the dishes and mentioned I would love to have a girly lunch someday and use them. I also told them I just needed a time shen I had some special little ladies or grown-up ones (3 others)to do just that. They them got very antimated and I could almost see the wheels spinnning in their heads, as they realized there were three of them here now and Sunday was Mother's Day! So at their (so they thought)idea, wwe planned a special lunch for Mommy , two darling girls and a thrilled Gramma. They helped me plan the menu and buy ingredients for croissant sandwiches (chicken salad or peanut butter, depending a bit on age and taste prefeence).
Fruit salad, and a dessert of cookies and ice cream. They were loving the entire idea and helped cwash and cut the fruit, and make the cookies. We made the table as small as we could, since the boys/ men were going to be banned to eating in the kitchen! The girls thought Daddy and Cam wer going to be around as well as Papa and Caedon. THen we found a hand crocheted tablecloth (made by my sister-in-law), some cloth napkins with lace on the edges and the good silver forks and spoons (which we had used for Easter Sunday and were all polished up already). THen we found a beautiful glas salad bowl for the fruit and an almost matching plate for the cookies. They were delighted with the beautiful table and we had a wonderful lunch. I even took a picture of my girls and will post it on FB...we did not keep our church outfits on because I was afraid the girls (and Gramma) might get strawberry juice on them!! I hope I made some memories for them and Gretchen too. Now if only I could write in a blog (or a journal) as nice as you do we'd be all set!!
Have a wonderful week with your own girls and that fantastic husband of yours. Sorry that this got so long.

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity...was your comfy robe from Bath 'n Body?? I got one for Christmas and just love it!!

So glad to see that you appreciate all the little things your family does for you. You are certainly blessed!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin