Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Sweet Walk Down Memory Lane

Some people are celebrating Cinco de Mayo today, but for us this day has other special meaning. Nineteen years ago today, I walked down the aisle to begin the journey with the man I love. I must say that at that time, I had no idea some of adventures God would take us on, but I knew with this man, I could make it through anything. And that we have! I joke with Matt that we certainly do not look like the same baby-faced kids in our wedding pictures, but many things are still the same:Our wedding 5/5/91

~He still has the most generous heart I have ever seen. He gives so much to others and he finds ways to serve using his dentistry. what a gift!

~his servant's heart is apparent. He hops up to help whomever is in need. He does not complain about picking up stuff from the store...no matter what it is! He is there when any of us are in need.

~His smile still melts my heart! Gracious that grin is dangerous!

~His eyes make my heart flutter. I love that is still true!

~That man can make me laugh like no one else can!

~His sweet passion for his baby girls may not have been evident back then, but his love of children has always been there and that was one reason I knew he was a keeper! :)

~He loves me unconditionally, even when I can't do the same for myself. That inspires me to do the things God has intended me to do even when I don't see the skills needed to handle the task. Matt does and he just spurs me on. Love that support.

~Most of all, his seeking God's will for his life has not changed. We may have drifted off course from time to time, but I see God's hand on this man and I always have. Now more than ever, I see the spiritual leader of our home rising up to the task at hand in leading these girls to Jesus.

19 years...can you tell any difference? LOL!

6 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Thanks for sharing your memory. The two of you still look so cute together.

Blessings,
Debbie

Jenilee said...

how cute are you guys! you look great in both pictures!

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

So sweet! Love the pictures - you look so happy :))

Anonymous said...

Lovely sentiments!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

How sweet! Happy Anniversary to you!

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Love the pictures...you look so happy in both!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin