Sunday, October 18, 2009

Upside Down Your Turning Me....

What a crazy weekend! We have a dear friend who is building built in bookshelves to surround our fireplace. We are very excited about their completion but he can not put them in until we paint. Oh boy, the crazy life of painting while still in school. Friday night Matt went to our small group while I kept the girls home with me since Doodle was still coughing so much. The girls and I started emptying the old bookshelves and placing everything from inside the entertainment center in boxes. The boxes are being stored on the bottom bunk in Doodle's room! She loves it! haha! We had no were else to keep them out of the walk way and off the floor. No one sleeps on that bed so it seemed like a good fit. :)

Saturday we filled the rest of the boxes and took pictures off the walls in the living room and hall. The girls are excited about the new shelves and are eager to help. Matt was ready to start painting the ceiling. What we did not expect was to find evidence of a mouse while we were working. I went into the kitchen to make lunch and found said evidence in the pantry. So the painting project ended quickly and clean out pantry mode went in full effect. We now have a house that feels and looks a bit turned upside down but the pantry is clean. :) Matt set a mousetrap last night and he had the little scoundrel this morning. So we should be in the clear. Makes me nuts to find those little guys but it is just part of living near fields. Not sure when the painting will be done but I know it will. I am just happy that my family likes to tackle jobs together and we don't lose sight of what is most important...the time spent together. We laughed a lot during this ordeal and we truly enjoyed our day. What a blessing.

2 comments:

Kari said...

The shelves sound fun. The mouse, not so much. We caught one Friday night. We back to open space, so we get mice a lot in the winter. And for the first time in 5 years at this house - I found me a snake in our basement about a month ago. He greeted me from under the dryer when I went to take the clothes out. The clothes didn't come out until hubby got home to do it. Yuck!

Lainie said...

OK. So now I have that sound going around in my head. Thanks so much! I'm thirsty....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin