Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hello McFly!!!

I might be aging myself a bit with that title for my post, but I definitely felt like poor McFly from Back to the Future today. As I have said before, my girls are preparing to leave for a very fun trip with their cousins and grandparents tomorrow. All week, we have been running around getting things ready. I had noticed that Bean had really been acting out. I just thought it was her being a stinker before a big trip with Grandma...preparing for the spoiling. :) I also chalked it up to direct disobedience, until today. Duh!! Hello!! McFly!! My "baby" (and I use that sparingly but she is) is going on her first trip without her parents. She has never been away from us in this way. Sure she has stayed over night at both sets of grandparents but never on a trip without all four of us together. So I prayed about it and decided I needed to talk to her. When I mentioned it to her, tears fell immediately. She crawled up on my lap, which is a sight in itself as she is almost as tall as me. She sat there and let me rock her and pray with her until she felt better. I gave her some scripture to help her when she is sad and reminded her of what is true...

What is true sweet child?
1. Mommy and Daddy are only one phone call away.
2. Doodle is with you and will help you feel better if you ask.
3. Grandma and Grandpa are parents and know how to help with anything you may need...you just have to tell them.
4. You are safe and loved.
5. Most of all, God loves you so much and will be there anytime you feel sad or scared.

After that, she felt better. The rest of the evening and not night, I think I am reminding myself what is true as the momma. ;) They will have so much fun and this will be an experience they will never forget. This is the stuff great memories are made of and my husband and I need some time alone as a couple. Well, I think I will be able to go to bed once I am able to find that same comfort she felt while sitting on my lap. What is the truth sweet Jesus? The truth is my Abba Father loves me so much that when I feel sad about my babies going on a trip, I can crawl up in His lap until I believe all that is true and am able to let go of all my fears. Aren't you glad we serve such a mighty God and have such a precious intercessor? God is so good! I will have to let you know how the good byes go tomorrow. Praying over it already. It is so hard to be so excited and so sad all at the same time!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Great post - and you weren't dating yourself with me. I am a huge fan of the Back To The Future trilogy. What can I say! "Hello, McFly, anybody home????"
I hope it is a great trip with many memories made and that mom and dad have peace on the home front!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin