Thursday, October 15, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday


I love finding new items to blog about! I was trying to find something I could get excited about for fall and winter and I found it~ slow cooking Thursday! Woohoo! I love using my crock pot whenever I can and could always use some new recipes. So, this will be a meme I will enjoy thoroughly. Thanks to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom!

So my first entry for this new venture will be an easy one. My mother-in-law always used to amaze me at her ability to make the best pulled pork or beef sandwiches. I could never time it just right to get the meat to the point it was ready to tear apart when ready for food! So I decided to give up on her oven idea and try the crock pot. Viola! It worked beautifully and has for 18 years. So the trick is...buy a roast,
put it in the crock pot,
cover about half way with water,
put lid on,
turn crock pot on and
walk away for between 6-8 hours (depending on your crock pot).

Now that is not so hard is it?! After you are able to stick a meat fork into the meat and gently twist some meat off, you know you are ready. Take the meat out of the crock pot. Take two large forks and tear the meat apart gently. I drain some of the juice out of the crock pot for gravy. Put the meat back into the remaining juice. Serve with buns of choice or all by itself. It is simply the best tasting pulled pork/beef. My husband does add BBQ to it, but my girls and I prefer plain. Give it a try! Everyone who has ever had this meal with us always talks about that silly meat...oh, you went to too much trouble. Oh boy, if they only knew! Shhhh! Don't tell. :)

3 comments:

April said...

Your blog is beautiful. Stay focused on God and you can't go wrong!

Renee said...

Sounds great!

Jen said...

Welcome to Slow Cooking Thursday. I loved your blog. When I have more time I'll be back. Hope you have a great week.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin