Thursday, October 15, 2009

Giggles, giggles...uh,oh!

Recently I was given the pleasure of reading Green Eggs and Ham to a little buddy over at Peaceful Home. I giggled as I kept reading " I Do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them...Sam I am!" Each time I would stress a different word. Funny how that sticks with you even when you are not reading it anymore. Today, I was working with my youngest daughter with her grammar program which will remain nameless to save everyone from telling me how wonderful it has been for their child. :) I do not like this program but use it because that is what the co-op we attend uses at this time. I will not make that mistake next year. :)

Anyway, as we were working, I kept hearing that little voice, "I do not like this __ ___ program. I do not like it in a box. I do not like it by a fox. I do not like it in my house. I will not use it with a mouse. I do not like ___ _____ ____. I do not like it JAM I am. "

Now those of you who know me know that I am a big joker. I enjoy a good laugh. So I started laughing out loud as I was working on this little number in my head. I could not help it! However, my poor girl thought I was laughing at her!! Oh boy! Talk about back tracking! I did my best to explain what I was laughing about but somehow she did not find it as funny. I guess that goes to show you that if you are going to giggle at your own jokes....be sure no one else is in the room. :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin