Thursday, October 22, 2009

Harvest of Friends Blog Party!


Lynnette Kraft is hosting a fun blog party to get to know each other better. Take time to answer these fun questions or just one. Then link to her blog and hop around to other blogs. Enjoy the harvest of friends!

1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while you're blogging?
I am not much of a snacker at the computer but if I do it would be chocolate. :)

2. What is one thing you wouldn't want to live without?
First thing that came to my mind, my family...but I think we all feel that way so I will simplify. I can't live without chocolate.(refer to answer 1)

3. Beach, Mountains or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice? Oooh, tough choice. I love parts of all three. So, how about a farm near mountains with a cottage on the beach for getaways. Is that asking too much? If I have to choose one, beach by the ocean always reminds me of just how big my God is. :)

4. What's your least favorite chore/household duty? Oh, I have two, laundry and dishes because they are never ending! :)

5. Who do people say you remind them of? Not sure anyone has ever said I looked like anyone famous...usually my mom but as I have gotten older, rounder people say my dad! Not sure how to take that but regardless, I love them both and will consider that a complement. :)

6. Prefer parties and socializing or staying at home with the fam? Staying with family always wins!

7. What's your all time favorite movie? I have several. I like to laugh but I would say the one that makes me giggle most and takes me to my "happy place" fastest....don't laugh....Winnie the Pooh! Love that bear!

8. Do you sleep in your make up or remove it like a good girl every night? Remove it most nights unless I fall asleep before I finish reading.

9. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you've never had a chance to learn? What is it? Hidden talents....no. Desire to learn something would be just about anything. I love learning new things.

10. What's one strange thing you're really good at? Remembering who gave my kids gifts from infancy. When I pass down the clothes to friends, I will see their child in it and know who gave it to mine. Gee whiz that was 10-12 years ago! Freaky! Either that or rearranging furniture/pictures. It is something my family still calls me to help out with at their homes. :)

11. What first attracted you to your spouse? We talked on the phone before meeting on our blind date. So what first attracted me to him was his sense of humor. Then came that smile and those eyes! :)

12. What is something you love to smell? My kids AFTER a bath. :) Fresh baked goods.

13. Tell something about you that you know irritates people. I am a loud laugher and can talk too much at times.

14. When you have extra money (HA!) what's the first thing you think to do with it? Do something with the family then save.

15. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest? Loud laugher! My kids make me laugh. They are seriously funny. Physical humor gets me every time as well and anything makes me laugh once I hit that slap happy point of an evening.

16. Where is your favorite place to shop? Hmmm, that's tough because it depends on what I am looking for. Most of the time I shop online. If I go to a store for me, I love to go to office supply stores! ha ha! Isn't that fun! But it is for me. Nothing like new notebooks and fresh pens! Love them. :)

17. What's one thing you'd do more often if you had more time? Read for me! Dance

18. Are you a big spender or frugal? Neither, I want to be more frugal but enjoy my comforts yet can't afford those...so really we are pretty average. We tighten the belt where we can and spend according to what we put as a priority.

19. Who is your favorite character of all time (from a movie or book)? (Can't be real)
I think I already said...POOH BEAR! Love that little guy. Who can't be in love with a bear who sings," I am short, fat and proud of that"! As for non-animated, there are too many to mention.

20. Would you want to be famous? No, it comes with a pricetag too steep for my liking. I prefer to be given my treasures in heaven.

5 comments:

Nati @ I will praise Him said...

I really enjoyed your answers and I'm sooo with you on chocolate! HA!

Greetings from Germany!

Susan said...

So nice to meet you! Glad you joined the party...

Fresh baked cookies, hmmmmm, I can smell it now♥

Blessings to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm Eevee just passing through from the blog party!

Props to you :)

I'm always amazed with those that save. My mom is like that, My dad not so much. Whenever there was a little extra he would say "Okay we're going out!"
I came out like my dad :)

It's so nice to meet you!
Blessings,
Eevee

Embracing Life, Christian Unschooling,& more...

Carolyn said...

Loved the chocolate answers, girl, I'm SO with you on that! Hope you have a good day. X.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved reading your answers...and making a new friend...
Blog hopping is one of my favorite things to do.
Hope you will stop by my Christmas blog...a great giveaway will be given away Sunday night....

http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin