Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Eternally Blessed



This week's Walk Down Memory Lane is going to be one of those that brings a tear to my eye even just looking at the pictures. Yet I feel it is so good to capture these moments that mean so much to me in this format for my girls. So, with that, I am going to attempt to put to words that day as we walk down memory lane to the day my Doodle was baptized by her daddy. Oh what a day!

Doodle asked us to pray with her and ask Jesus into her heart as her Lord and Savior on Valentine's Day 2004. What a valentine! Nothing has blessed me more than watching my children question and grow in their knowledge of the Lord. The decision to take the next steps in their faith walk has always been their own but I have always been so blessed to be present for each step. After her decision to accept Christ as her Lord, she immediately wanted to be baptized. So we set up with the church a time to have that happen. What blessed this mama the most, Doodle wanted her daddy to baptize her. Oh my, the joy!

The church we attended at that time had the person baptizing the new believer speak about their journey. Then they asked them some questions to allow the new believer to publicly confess their faith in Christ. Matt started off speaking and realized Doodle was too short to see over the wall so he picked her up to share her story. That moment was too sweet to this mama! Truly started weeping then. Tears of joy!
Matt holding Doodle and letting the congregation
know about her decision.
Look at her face! Pure joy!

After he shared her story, he then put her down and asked her the simple questions of faith and after she answered he baptized her. My joy was overwhelmed and I could not hold back the tears of joy with that! We had our entire family there to witness this special moment as well as dear friends.
The special moment he baptized her.

When he pulled her out of the water, he immediately grabbed her into that Daddy bear hug and carried her out of the baptismal that way! Though we don't have the picture of him doing that part, we do have the picture as he was trying to get her up into his arms. He was so moved by that moment and did not want to let it go by too quickly. He clung to her and they prayed when they went back to the dressing area.
His joy! Here he is trying to pick her up out of the water.
He hugged her and carried her wrapped around him with pure joy!

After she got dressed and emerged from the back, we all hugged and loved on her before leaving to go eat together. What I remember about this day most was not the family and friends there, although that was so touching. It was the moments of true joy and peace I saw in my daughter's eyes and in my husband.

Doodle after

Words can not express the joy we have at the gift of being parents in the first place. But to be able to know that we will one day spend eternity with our children is a priceless gift and a joy that no words do justice to describe. God knows that joy. We are so blessed.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

TIFFANY said...

What a wonderful memory! I have been blessed to see my oldest two children come to the Lord and be baptized. My other two aren't yet old enough, but I can't wait for those days to come! Thanks for sharing such a special event in your lives!

Lisa said...

I remember the day my dad walked me to the Altar and I accepted Jesus as my Savior! I couldn't have been more than 3 or 4 but I will NEVER forget the tears streaming down my father's eyes.
THANK YOU for sharing and reminding me of my own special Journey!

Linda said...

Oh how I rejoice when I hear about new birth in Christ,.... and then how people follow up with the obedience of baptism!

This was a beautiful post. I felt the same way at my kid's and grandkid's baptisms,...and also on the day that my husband and I were baptized together. Such Joy!!!!

I loved the smile on your sweet daughter's face.

Thanks for sharing this.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Abigail Kraft said...

What a sweet memory! I was baptized by my daddy too--as were all of my siblings, and I'm sure all of my sibs in the future will be. :) It's a memory that I will always cherish, and I always get warm and nostalgic feelings when I see one of my siblings doing the same thing.

What a great post! Thanks for sharing!
In His arms,
--Abigail

Kelci said...

What joy! I can't wait for a similar day.
Thanks for sharing,
Kelci @ My Journey.....

Nicole said...

Love reading this special story... What an amazing day for your sweet family - and for Doodle. You know how special we think she is - so glad we'll know her not only here on earth, but in heaven too.... Looking forward to (and praying for!) the day when our kiddos choose to accept Christ as well!

Unknown said...

I hope you will come by Dining With Debbie and sign up for Crock Pot Wednesday. Mister Linky is up and waiting for your entry. The first of the three giveaways is already posted. You won't want to miss out on these. diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com Thanks for sharing this wonderful memory.

Unknown said...

There's just nothing quite like it huh? What a wonderful moment for all of you. :) Your daughter is beautiful.

Kari said...

What a WONDERFUL memory to have and the photos are great. Eternity with our children is a BLESSING! So happy for you.

I gave you an award today on my blog since I love reading yours! thanks for all the wonderful posts and helping me plan dinner menus :o)

http://karinewsom.blogspot.com/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin