Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dreams do come true!

Today was an amazing day! We have a daughter who adores horses. Anything horses she will jump all over. She has posters of horses covering her walls in her bedroom and yet she had never ridden a horse or been on the inside of a fenced area with a horse up close. We had ridden the small ponies at petting zoos but nothing like today. A friend of my mom's has horses that are boarded near my parents house. So we set up a time for Doodle to come see the many horses. I never dreamed all she would gain in one day. I took this picture of Doodle with some of the horses behind her when we first arrived.

This was the who welcomed us into the barn.

I just think this is the most beautiful horse!

After introducing Doodle to my mom's friend, they took off after the horse she was going to work with for the day. I took this picture of my mom's friend and Doodle (wearing pink) out in the pasture with all the horses. She was in heaven!


Doodle and horses out to pasture.



She learned how to brush Gypsy.
(a 20 year old Tennessee Walker)

Look at that face! One happy girl.
Rewarding the horse with carrots after the ride.

We stayed at the farm for almost 2 hours. During that time, I witnessed my daughter react in many ways. She was a bit taken back at the size of the horses when she first went in the pasture area. We had never been on that side of the fence. She was hesitant to pet the horses when she was inside the fence at first, but soon that fear gave way to the passion that pours through her. Watching it all unfold really made me stand there in awe of what an awesome God we truly serve! God gave me the desires of my heart almost 12 years ago when He blessed me with the gift of being this precious girls mommy. (and 9 years ago with her sister) Today, he blessed me again in being allowed to watch as he gave Doodle the desires of her heart in riding and being around these animals she loves. God is so good! My heart could not have been more full of joy in watching her bloom and sparkle for God.

Doodle and Gypsy...look at the way she is
looking at the horse.
They seem to understand each other.

1 comment:

Lainie said...

How could we have know so many years ago when God brought us together that he would bond our girls together with a love of all things equine? So glad she had that experience. She'll be a pro by the time Ripley arrives!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin