Monday, July 20, 2009

Birthday fun!

Bean loves to sing. My husband has managed to find a decent Christian kids group for her to substitute some of the other kids groups that are so popular off of Disney. We figure if she is going to memorize songs and sing them all day long they might as well be something that has a bit more substance. So, with that, PureNRG and the Rubyz have become staples coming from her bedroom. Since she likes to sing, she had a singer theme...we had so much fun finding fun dress up stuff for the party!

Here is my little superstar!


Bean and her cake.

Bean with sister and all her cousins that were able to attend.
One of the funny things that happened this birthday took place two days before her party at my nephews birthday. At that party, my dad decided to joke with Bean after she hugged him with her wet bathing suit. He told her he was headed to Chicago the next day and was planning on getting her present but since she got him wet he wasn't going to. He asked her if she knew what was in Chicago. At this point, I am sweating thinking, surely he won't tell her! But to my horror, HE DID!! He sat there and told her that American Girl store is in Chicago and now he wasn't going to stop there!!!

When she went upstairs to change, my sister and I just rolled! We could not believe that he just sat there and told her what she was getting!! We had all gone in together to give my parents the money to get the doll and an outfit. Bean already got her bike from her other grandparents and her parents. So this was it!!! Now she knew....or did she?! Sadly, I must admit that I tried to lie to her about it when she asked me in the car if Poppy was serious. I sat there stone cold and just said," Well, honey, what do you think? I mean, why would anyone sit there and tell a kid what they are giving them for their birthday? Does that make any sense? I guess we will just have to wait and see." With that she decided it was not true but she told her sister she hoped it was. So when she opened the box and saw Josefina looking through it she just grinned!!! So even though Poppy let the cat out of the bag, she was still so happy to meet her new little friend.

Bean and her new friend, Josefina.

We really don't do friend sleepovers until you are a bit older in our house, but the joy of having so many cousins that live nearby is that some of her best friends are her cousins so we can do family sleepovers. So after the entire family came over to celebrate her party, we had two of her cousin buddies stay the night and go to the lake house with us the next day. They took pictures of each other dressing up with crazy outfits, watched a movie, had popcorn and ice cream. It was just a fun time.
Bean with two of her cousins.

The next morning, we headed to the lake house. These girls are die hard! It was barely 70 degrees outside and they were in that water all day long! My nieces had not been tubing before so it was fun to see them experience something new together. Bean loved having them there with her. I just enjoyed watching the three of them giggle and be silly most of the day. We enjoyed the surprise of having Matt's sister and her kids join us later in the day as well as his parents when we arrived at the lake house. That allowed Bean to be with her entire family over her birthday weekend. Such fun!
Bean and CarCar
NayNay and Doodle

Mid-air fun! Matt trying to knock the girls off!

Tube crazy girls! They all loved it!


The end of the day, all wrapped up in towels.
Over all, Bean's birthday was a special day and a fun night with family. I think as I reflect on this time with the girls, it just truly makes me smile to know that my girls are not only growing up with close cousins, but also growing in the Lord with these cousins. They all are good kids with a heart to honor God. What can be better?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh what an awesome birthday!!! Sounds like - and looks like - it was a great time for all. So glad you were able to enjoy and celebrate your precious daughter!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin