Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Change is Hard!


My girls have been blessed with the sweetest piano teacher now for over 4 years for Doodle and about 2 for Bean. This week will be the last lesson with this precious woman of God as their family will be moving for a new job for her husband. While I am so excited for his new adventure, we are going to miss this precious woman so very much. Today's walk down memory lane will be in honor of Mrs. Witzig and the powerful influence she has had on both my girls but especially Doodle through her gentle guidance and spirit. We met Mrs. W at a homeschool co-op that we use to belong together. While we stopped attending, I did grab her name and number off the table to start Doodle's lessons. Doodle would just sit and look at Mrs. W with such awe. I soon figured out that she just really was amazed by her sweet, tender voice with Doodle. (what does that say about me?! haha!)


Doodle at her first recital playing Winnie the Pooh.
Doodle has a passion for music of many kinds but really enjoys listening to classical music throughout the day. I know the passion she has for good music comes from the time she has spent seated next to Mrs. W over the years. They will play a piece and she will get so excited over their accomplishments which feeds into their desire to do well each week. Now, we have the same struggles as every other piano lesson family...practicing is not always fun. However, Doodle seems to take joy in finding pieces that she is to work on one or two lines at a time and she will complete the entire thing to surprise her teacher. And boy does she.


Bean at her first recital playing Jesus Loves Me

Doodle's second recital playing Star Spangled Banner

Not only do I appreciate this sister in Christ's encouragement of my girls piano technique, but I consider her a dear friend. She is a true light in my week. I know she will pray if I ask her and she will follow up the next week to see how things have gone. Truly she is a rare gem in this crazy world that is so focused on self and material gain.

Doodle and Bean playing a duet at a nursing home.

Mrs. W's daughters exemplify grace and beauty in the Lord. They are sweet teen age girls who love God and respect and love their parents. I have cherished their influence on my girls. I was hoping to have that continue through the teen years at my house! What a joy to witness in this world of self-centered teens.

Doodle playing Happy Day Waltz at the nursing home.

Bean playing Stand up for Jesus at the nursing home.
So, thank you, Mrs. W for your hard work and dedication to teaching my girls the skills they need to play piano. Thank you for loving them as you do and praying over them as I know you have and will continue to do. I am grateful you have touched their lives in such a way they find it sad to arrive at piano lessons tomorrow knowing it is their last with you. That shows just how much you have touched their hearts and not just their little hands. For me, I will miss my friend. You and I have talked endlessly over our girls ventures or growing pains. I know your hand in my life has helped me to be the mom God wanted me to be at those times. Thank you for your wisdom, your gentle words and spirit, your prayers, your encouraging words, your generous heart and kind ways. You will always be such a special friend in our home. We will miss you so much! I do not know the words to say to someone who has touched your life and poured themselves into your children in such way, but for now, I will just end with:Thank you!

Mrs. W and my girls

5 comments:

Linda said...

Mrs. W sounds like an amazing woman,...and so do you for appreciating her so much!

Your girls will carry her in their hearts as you do. She will move on so that God can use her to bless others . And you can carry on her routine of blessing others each time you go to lessons with the new teacher,...or the times when you meet new people anywhere. She has taught you how to be a blessing! (((smile)))

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

April said...

I took piano lessons when I was their age and I really enjoyed it. Of course, like many - I stopped when I entered high school because it wasn't a social activity and I miss it now! If Mrs. W was anything like my teacher - she find suchs great joy in teaching lessons and hearing her work pouring out of the children's fingertips!

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

I have such fond memories of my piano teachers. Now my girls take lessons from one of the teachers I took lessons from in my later teens. :)

Nicole said...

Hey there - so bummed for your family. We were also hoping to have the kids take piano - so if/when you find another teacher - please pass the name on to us. Hugs to you sweet friend! So glad you were so blessed by Mrs. W. :-)

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you're losing a friend/piano teacher. Mrs. W sounds like a wonderful woman. How neat that you have so many pictures of her with your girls.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin