Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Seems Like Yesterday!




Today's walk down memory lane is short and sweet to me. This weekend we had the chance to help dear friends celebrate their little guys Adoption Day! What fun we had going duck pin bowling downtown and then back to their home for a cook out. I was taking pictures like crazy just having fun. This one stopped me in my tracks.
I know for some, it may not look special, but to me it reminds me just how fast time is going by. I recall standing in front of the judge with this precious girl like it was yesterday. I was so nervous. I didn't know what to expect and when we left, we could not believe how little pomp and circumstance the entire event really had. We also celebrated because that is the day that Doodle became a Miller officially. She was 100% our girl and that could never change. I think I was less nervous when we stood before the judge with Bean because we knew what to expect, but it is still a day we never forget or take lightly.

I enjoyed talking to my friend about how much celebrating the adoption of our children reminds us of celebrating our adoption into God's family. We did not do anything to earn that love. Nor did our children. We loved them unconditionally and fully. Being officially adopted gives our children full heir ship in our family. Same for us with God. We are full heirs with Christ. What a sweet time to reflect on the day we celebrate how our God brought our girls to us but also thankful for the way He adopted us into His family forever. I am so grateful we were included in this special day. It was a sweet moment for us.

Doodle loves being a mother's helper to this family. Here she is with their daughter. Sweet!

Our friend, Gaby, was with us as well. Bean has always been her special buddy.

8 comments:

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Great memories!! :) Your daughter is so blessed to have you for her family.

Linda said...

Our lives have been touched and changed by adoption too. A granddaughter. She wass a baby when she came into our lives and she is now 16. And a true gift and a blessing to our lives!

You are so right,...it makes us think of our adoption into the Lord's family,...as His children.

God bless you!
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Sally-Ann said...

As an adopted child, I love your post.

Jared Kraft said...

Great post! Adoption is such a wonderful thing and I'm glad you had a great time celebrating.

Thanks for sharing!
God bless you,
Jared

Aspiemom said...

You remind me of the great celebration we had after my son's adoption hearing!

Thanks for sharing.

HappyascanB said...

What a sweet story!

Holly said...

How special families are who adopt!

Unknown said...

Adoption is such a wonderful thing. I'm so glad that my niece Bailey was adopted into our family. She has been such a huge blessing to our family. Thank you for sharing this story with us. The pictures are simply lovely. :)
Lynnette

Blog Widget by LinkWithin