Sunday, April 19, 2009

Reasons to Praise Him!

Have you ever had a moment when you knew God was right there with you showing you glimpses of His glory? When that occurs for me most is sunset and sunrise. Not sure why, but I just feel like sometimes God wants to show me His creativity and glory all at the same time. For me, when I see that I run to get my camera, however the pictures are never the same thing for me. I try my hardest to grab onto that moment. I was humbled this week by my 11 year old daughter in a moment like this. We were at the lake house getting school done and giving mom a needed chance to focus. One evening, we looked out the large windows over the lake and noticed the most beautiful sunset. It had been raining all day long so truly this was the first time we could enjoy the outdoors. We both ran outside, me with camera in hand and Doodle with complete joy. We rushed down the steps to the dock and I started snapping my pictures. I turn to notice my daughter dancing on the dock in a moment of praise. What a sweet moment. And lucky me...I had my camera!
Doodle fully engrossed in praising her God!
Watching her freely praise her God in a moment of joy made me wonder, what holds me back from praising God in the way I feel at that moment? This week, I want to praise him like a child and not just any child....my child: freely and without regard to who is watching or what they think. God showed me a glimpse of His glory this week through my child. I'm so glad I had the camera at that moment, but now regret not putting it down and joining in the dance with her. Maybe next time.....

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin