Monday, March 1, 2010

It's a Parade!

How fun! My blog buddy, Lynnette's daughter, Abigail is hosting a blog parade this week. Just click on the link above and join in. It is fun to meet new people and get to know those we already know a little bit better. Great idea, Abigail!
1. What's your favorite time of the day, and why? That is a tough one! I like two different times for two different reasons. :) My first favorite time is early mornings when I have quiet time with God...just the two of us. The second favorite time is when Matt comes home from work. I love hearing the girls screaming, "Daddy's home!" and to know the day is getting better! :)
2. If health wasn't an issue, what food could you live off of? I'm sorry, but is there something other than chocolate that would be appropriate here? Ha! I love chocolate, I also could live off cheese. :)
3. If you could have one wish granted (besides wishing for more wishes), what would it be? That my children would boldly and safely walk in their faith and we all be together for eternity.
4. What's one thing that you get teased about a lot? Forgetfulness is one of my issues so I get called Dory, from Nemo. The thing my family giggles about most is my need to have the covers just right before I can go to sleep each night. My husband now puts his hands up in the air until I get everything just right and then he says, "Are we all good now?" and starts giggling. He now has trained the girls to do the same when they cuddle up. Cracks me up! I admit, I have issues. :)
5. If you could choose one movie, book, or TV show to spend your life in, which would you pick? What type of character would you be? Little House on the Prairie...love it and Charles always saves the day! :) I'd want to be either Laura or Ma...probably Ma because she was always calm! That woman had a gift of making mothering look so easy...could it be it was just a show? Nah!!
6. If you could have one talent that you don't already have, what would it be? I wish I could play the piano as well as my girls, but I think the one thing I have always wanted to do and just can't get over the hump, write children's books. Love reading stories to my kids and always thought it would be great to read them my own.
7.If money were no object, where would you go on vacation? The first thing I thought of was Romania to see our girls and our friends. Next, I think I would want to go walk through history in Europe...Rome, Greece, Italy, etc. I love reading about different parts of history to my girls but to walk through it would be amazing! Lastly, selfishly, I would want to go back to St. Maarten to see that blue water and sky again. I have never been able to explain the colors and it is awe strikingly beautiful.
8. If you were an awesome singer, which genre would you sing? Christian for sure. :)
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, what would it be? Oooh, one store? That is tough. It would have to be something for our home because that is the only place I could spend 10,000 bucks in one place. So, maybe Home Depot or Lowe's. Oh, wait! Pottery Barn if money is no object and we are dreaming!
10. If you could live in any point in time, when would it be? Again, tough! Good questions. I think I would love to "visit" different times such as early American history, walking with Jesus, different times in history fascinate me, however, I really feel blessed to be here now so I think I'll stay put. :)
11. If every outfit in your wardrobe had to be one color, what would it be? I wear a lot of browns right now. I jumped from black to browns! I wonder what is next!
12. If you were one of the seven dwarves, which one would you be?(Doc, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Happy, or Dopey) Ok, this question has me giggling now because as I was reading it I started a sneezing fit!!! So, while I was going to say, Happy, I think I am being told Sneezy! LOL!
13. What's the last album you listened to? Rich Mullins....love his stuff!
14. What's something we'd be surprised to know about you? I met my husband on a blind date, as did my parents, as did my brother and his wife. Blind dates rule in our family. :)

14 comments:

Lauren said...

yes to the pottery barn!! Blind dates?? That is such a cool thing!! :)

Jenilee said...

I love Little House! I'm instilling a love for that show in my girls too. I can't wait for the day we can all sit in our jammies and watch!

Linda said...

Hi Sneezy! (That was funny timing!)

We met on a blind date too...but it doesn't run in our family! Ha!

I loved the Nemo reference...I loved that movie, and she was really forgetful huh?! Sometimes I am like that with people's names.

Oh, and my husband has to have the covers just perfect...just like you. I tease him about that.

Pamela Scott said...

great answers this blog party is so fun i love reading everyones answers

Amy said...

I am in the parade too! Nice to meet you. We actually matched a few answers too :) Such fun! Look forward to following your blog.
Blessings,
Amy

Amy said...

I like Rich Mullins too. I recently read a devotional like book about his Life that you may enjoy, An Arrow Pointing to Heaven (or something close to that). Enjoyed your post.

Abigail Kraft said...

Ok, I would like to say I'm forgetful, but the thing is...I don't listen well enough to know what it is I'm supposed to remember in the first place. So, I do say "Oh! I forgot!" aaaaall the time, but what it really means is "What? I never heard you say that!" haha. :D I think my family's onto me.

I've always wanted to be able to illustrate children's books--my mom's always wanted to write them. :) They can be so charming! I'm a huge lover of children's books.

Have a great day! Thanks for joining in the party!
--Abigail

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

I am so Dory! That really made me smile!! I love Little House on the Prairie, too. Charles is the best Pa!! =)

Joyful said...

Hey,
Our #5 is the same. I love `Little House on the Prairie`

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Your dream vacation sounds like heaven. I get teased about being forgetful too, I have sticky notes everywhere and if someone tells me something I need to remember it must be written down or put into my phone or it is a good as forgotten ;)

♥ Brittany Ciara ♥ said...

I loved reading Little House on the Prairie, but I somehow got caught up on dreamy vampires and wolfs? Your answers were great! It was nice getting to know you. I hope you will head on by my place on the parade route: http://brittanyciara.blogspot.com/2010/03/jump-onboard-its-time-for-blog-parade.html :)

Gottjoy! said...

The covers answer made me smile. My husband and I are complete opposites. He likes everything tucked under the mattress. I can't stand that and feel suffocated.
Enjoyed your blog!

underthegypsytree(at)gmail.com said...

I love Little House too !!

Feel Free to Visit me any time

Meet me Under The Gypsy Tree
UnderTheGypsyTree.blogspot.com

Avalon Acres Farm said...

I had Little House mentioned as the time period I would have liked to live in, LOL! Great answers, I had fun reading them!

Leslie:-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin