Sunday, March 21, 2010

If Only...

This month, we celebrated my niece and my dad's birthdays together. At that party, my mom had baked my dad a homemade carrot cake using his mom's recipe that we all enjoy thoroughly. I was able to get him to pose with it before we dug in for the yummy treat.
After that pose, I asked mom to pose with him. So she did looking way too cute. Right after this pose, my dad turned and kissed my mom. I said that he should have done that earlier and my daughter said...and I quote, "gross!"
So I told them what any good mom would tell their parents...do it again! So my dad grabbed my mom again but this time he had a little extra something there too....Doodle!!!

Don't you love it! I have to tell you that this picture is so precious to me for many reasons. First of all, my parents will have been married 44 years this summer. They adore each other and truly are each others biggest cheer leaders and support. While they have friends, they rely on each other for that emotional support that others run to their friends for. They gave each of us a great view of what a healthy, Godly marriage should look like. I remember my dad standing up for my mom when we had crossed a line and I so remember my mom showing us ways to honor Dad. I also love that they showed us that the best gift they could give us was to love each other well. So true!!! I cherish that today as I am brimming on being married 19 years. What a gift and legacy they have given each of us.

As for my daughter, good for her! I think it is great that at age 12 she thinks kissing is gross! Ha! Keep on thinking that for a good while girlie! One day you will see that it is not gross when you are given the man God has planned for your life. Until then, be disgusted but my prayer is that my girls will see these pictures one day in the future and realize what a gift it is to have had grandparents who are not just married still but in love still. If only we all could say the same....that's my goal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! DG

Blog Widget by LinkWithin