Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Ballerina

Doodle has been in ballet since she was 4 and adores dancing. Over the past four years, she has been blessed with an amazing teacher, Miss Pearl, who has been able to teach Doodle to not just do the moves but to use her dancing as a way to worship God. All the songs she dances to are Christian songs which is an added blessing. Two years ago, Doodle auditioned to be part of the Precious Hearts dance ministry team that Miss Pearl leads. She made it and has been able to be fully committed to attending practice every Saturday morning at 8AM! Yes, that also means mom has been committed as well...or maybe I need to be committed! :)

Part of being on this team allows the girls to dance at various churches, nursing homes etc. not only as entertainment but as a chance to worship through movement. This month, we have had two such events as well as the spring recital. Watching the girls worship God through dance is truly precious. I think Miss Pearl knew what she was doing in naming the group Precious Hearts.
Doodle dancing for her Jesus with the Precious Hearts Ministry Team.

"How Beautiful" is the song and I think it fits.

Dancing at the spring recital.

Doodle and Bean got flowers from Grandma when the dance was over.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Allow me to introduce myself, otherwise I'd feel like a Peeping Tom. I found your blog through Abigail's parade. I read every post back to the parade questions, and I love your heart for the Lord, your girls, and your homeschool experiences. I, too, am a homeschool mom and a new blogger. Many blessings.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin