Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Farm Living is the Life for Me....

This week the girls and I are headed to our friends, the Stumpf's, to help out with their animals while they are in California for a funeral. We are so excited to head over to help out. We don't have chickens or a horse, but my girls love visiting their house so much and helping their children with the animal chores. I am hoping that they have paid close enough attention to know what to do. I want no harm to animals on my watch! :)

Besides the love of these animals, I think I am looking forward to having 20 acres to spread out and breathe! I love the effect this place has on my soul. I know it is silly but as I drive to visit, I can feel the pressures of life just disappear as I see more corn fields and green grass. I love visiting even more with my friends home but am so glad we can bless them in this way. But really, who is getting blessed? They live in a place you don't have to lock doors...can you imagine?! I know it is silly to be so excited about staying there when they are not even there, but we have been on the go so much lately that I am really looking forward to not hearing traffic, the phone, family drama, and just taking walks, doing school on their porch if the weather cooperates and watching the girls care for these animals. So thanks, Lainie, for the invite and we hope we do a good job. :) Most of all I am grateful for a chance to breathe in God's beautiful creation. Certainly makes me feel something I haven't felt in a little bit...peace. :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin