Friday, August 13, 2010

Praying For Your Man

On my knees, I seek guidance and peace as I lift up many concerns, praises and requests to my precious Abba Father. I love coming before God with my heart and leaving it wide open the rest of the day for Him to sift through all that is in there, leaving only things that bring Him glory....when I allow Him to do so. One thing I have learned over the years of being married to this man God has given to me so wisely.....nothing brings us closer than when I open my heart in such a way and pour out my feelings, concerns and desires for this man to the One who gave him to me 19 years ago. When I walk away from that time, I feel peace. A peace that surrounds me the rest of the day. But there is also a bonus! I find myself thinking of Matt the rest of the day and suddenly....there it is again....that giggly school girl excitement to see his face again. The feeling I had when we first met and I couldn't wait for him to call so I could hear his voice. God truly blesses us when we come before Him on each others behalf. That blessing, I believe, is that spark you see in couples who have been married decades! Give it a try! What do you have to lose?
My man and me

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin